COVID Clinic Protocols
We hope that you remain Happy, Healthy and Safe through COVID’s ever-changing roadmap. Our protocols continuously evolve as new research emerges and regulations change. Therapy Lounge exceeds regulatory compliance for COVID safety. With procedural modifications, heightened ventilation, sanitization, and physical changes in the clinic, we can continually and confidently welcome you to Therapy Lounge.
First the stuff you already know:
- DO NOT COME IN if you are NOT WELL. Stay home!
- Hand hygiene please. Before and after treatment.
- Observe a 6ft social distance in common areas of the clinic.
- Cough into your elbow. Fist bump. Don’t touch your face.
What’s happening at the clinic?
- Rapid testing available for all staff and practitioners.
- State of the art air purifier units in treatment rooms and reception. They are so quiet you won’t even know that their air exchange rate is 5x per hour!
- Cleaning, sanitization, and more sanitization. We have always had high sanitization standards and continue to maintain these. We launder all linens after each client. We clean and sanitize our tables, doorknobs, oil bottles, and more after every client.
- Plexiglass barrier at the front desk will remain up!
- Masks are optional and are no longer required in health care settings.
- Both practitioners and patients are able to make their own choices regarding masks based on their comfort, preference, and assessment of the risk.
- If patients feel more comfortable with their practitioner wearing a mask, then the practitioner will wear a mask during the treatment.
- We’ve got you covered too, if you feel more comfortable wearing a mask. Breathe easily and comfortably through the masks we are happy to supply. We offer 3 Ply Disposable Medical Face Mask ASTM Level 3. It sports three protective layers, a conforming nose strip, and elastic ear loops. This mask has a 98% bacterial filtration efficiency against very fine pathogens and will also protect from aerosols, sprays, and fluids. We don’t mess around with masks!
- Hand sanitizer? Yup, got it! First thing at the top of the stairs and in every treatment room.
- COVID screening? ALL staff must do it every time they come to the clinic. And ALL patients once by the practitioner – just before treatment.
- Heads up, we’re continuing taking your temperature too!
OK, I’m in. How do I book an appointment?
- Request an appointment online through our website at therapylounge.ca. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call us at 416-916-7122.
What we ask of you…
- Be on time. Arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment start time.
- As a courtesy to clients coming after you, please be quick and efficient when getting dressed or undressed in the treatment room.
- Please remove your shoes. No outside shoes in reception or treatment rooms.
About the forms…
- We are paperless!
- Please complete your forms online AT HOME before coming to your appointment. Please and thank you.
- Health history forms are updated annually after your first visit.
- INTAKE FORMS: Fill them out if the Intake form link arrives in the appointment confirmation email. Click the Blue button.
What else should I know?
- You may not be able to get the exact appointment time you request. We had to create fixed appointment times and reduce the number of bookings per day. We will do our best to accommodate you as close to your requested time as possible.
- Appointments are not booked in the system until you receive a confirmation email.
- You will receive your invoice by email unless you request a printed copy.
We all have a part to play in keeping our families and community healthy. Our COVID safety protocols and precautions kept us healthy before vaccines were available. We will continue to implement them to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID and other seasonal airborne diseases.
Like other healthcare practitioners we cannot restrict access to care based on vaccination status. While we encourage everyone who is eligible to get vaccinated, we cannot mandate vaccinations at the clinic. Because we work in close contact with clients, COVID vaccine information is a part of our risk assessment. During your in-person screening we will be asking you if you have been vaccinated and adding this information to your health record. Thank you for your continued cooperation and for your trust in us.
At Therapy Lounge we take your health and safety seriously. We will continue to conduct regular risk assessments and make the necessary procedural modifications.
As always, we’ve got your back (and your neck and your shoulders)!
Here to help you heal,
Megan and Your Therapy Lounge Team