Ready When You Are!
On June 15th we reopened the doors at Therapy Lounge. We hope that you remained Happy and Healthy over the last 3 months. During the shutdown we took some time to prepare the clinic space and inform ourselves for the “new normal”. With physical changes in the clinic, procedural modifications, and heighted sanitization we now can confidently welcome you back to Therapy Lounge!
First the stuff you already know:
- If you have a cough, fever, sore throat, stay home! Self isolate and contact Telehealth Ontario at 1 866 797 0000.
- Observe a social distance of 6 ft (2m). When this is not possible, be sure to wear a mask.
- Cough into your elbow.
- Wash you hands frequently.
- Don’t touch your face.
What’s new at the clinic?
- All our cozy upholstered chairs? Gone. We take sanitizing seriously!
- Plexiglass barrier at front desk? Check!
- Masks? We’ve got you covered. We’ll give you one to wear while you are at the clinic. We insist! Not to worry, we’ll be wearing one too.
- Hand sanitizer? Yup, got it! First thing at the top of the stairs.
- COVID screening? All staff and clients have to do it every time they come to the clinic. Heads up, we’re taking your temperature too!
That’s all great, but how exactly do I get a treatment when I’m supposed to social distance?
You’re right, our arms aren’t 6 feet long. That’s why both you and your practitioner will wear a mask for the entire treatment. Yes, even when you’re face down. No touching the mask!
We have always had high sanitization standards and continue to maintain these. We launder all linens after each client. We clean and sanitize our tables, doorknobs, oil bottles, and more after every client. Even those fancy new lab coats you’ll see us wearing- we’ll put on a clean one for each client!
OK, I’m in. How do I book and appointment?
- Book online through our website at therapylounge.ca. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be taking bookings over the phone.
- Complete all your forms AT HOME as soon as possible. We will not have the time or space to accommodate any exceptions at the clinic. If you have a paper health history file with us, it’s time for an annual update. Please fill out an electronic one on your own device.
- Bookings must be made at least 24 hrs. in advance. We are unable to accept last minute bookings at this time.
- Arrive no more than five minutes before your appointment start time.
What we ask of you.
- Please be on time. If you are late, we may not be able to admit you into the clinic the moment you arrive.
- As a courtesy to clients coming after you, please be quick and efficient when getting dressed or undressed in the treatment room.
- Keep conversation to a minimum in the clinic. Long discussions will need to take place over the phone.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Sanitize your hands and put on the mask we provide as soon as you enter the clinic.
What else do I need to know?
- You may not be able to get the exact time or practitioner that you want. Some of our practitioners are unable to return right away. To balance scheduling and sanitization between appointments, we created fixed appointment times and reduced the number of bookings per day.
- We are only able to offer one hour appointments for Massage Therapy and Manual Osteopathy at this time.
- Hot Stone Massage, Thai Massage, Cosmetic Acupuncture, and Cupping are not available until further notice.
- Initial and follow-up Acupuncture appointments with Laura will consist of a virtual consultation and a 30 minute in person treatment.
- Initial and follow-up Acupuncture appointments with Jennifer Keith will consist of a virtual consultation and a 60 minute in person treatment.
- All our treatment fees will increase by $10 to offset costs incurred by the changes we needed to make. We hope you understand that this is necessary for the survival of our business. Click here for our Fee Schedule.
- We will email your receipt unless you request a printed copy.
Some more news!
Our clinic grew! We’d like to welcome Dr. William Chan, Doctor of Chiropractic on board. Dr. Will brings to the clinic 23 years of clinical experience in patient-focused, evidence driven care. He also provides Acupuncture and Active Release Technique (ART). You can book appointments with Dr. Will Tuesday through Saturday. As we get him and his patients accustom to our online booking system, we will be accepting appointment requests by email email@example.com or by phone 416-916-7122. Welcome Dr. Will!
At Therapy Lounge we take your health and safety seriously. As always, we’ve got your back (and your neck and your shoulders)!
Be safe and stay healthy,
Megan and Your Therapy Lounge Team