COVID Clinic Protocols
We hope that you remain Happy and Healthy through COVID’S ever-changing roadmap. Our COVID protocols continuously evolve as new research emerges and regulations change. Therapy Lounge exceeds regulatory compliance for COVID safety. With continuous procedural modifications, heightened sanitization, and physical changes in the clinic, we can confidently welcome you to Therapy Lounge. We are an essential service!
First the stuff you already know:
- If you are unwell, stay home!
- Wear a mask.
- Observe a social distance of 6 ft (2m).
- Cough into your elbow.
- Wash your hands frequently!
- Don’t touch your face.
What’s happening at the clinic?
- Vaccinated team. Everyone!
- Regular PCR rapid testing for all staff and practitioners.
- State of the art air purifier units in treatment rooms and reception. They are so quiet you won’t even know that their air exchange rate is 5x per hour!
- Cleaning, sanitization, and more sanitization.
- Plexiglass barrier at front desk? Check!
- Masks? We’ve got you covered. We’ll give you one to wear while you are at the clinic. We insist! Not to worry, we’ll be wearing one too.
- Hand sanitizer? Yup, got it! First thing at the top of the stairs and in every treatment room.
- COVID screening? All staff must do it every time they come to the clinic. And ALL clients must be screened Once online before arriving, and again by the practitioner.
- Heads up, we’re taking your temperature too!
That’s all great, but how exactly do I get a treatment when I’m supposed to social distance?
You’re right, our arms aren’t 6 feet long. That’s why both you and your practitioner will wear a mask for the entire treatment. Yes, even when you’re face down.
We have always had high sanitization standards and continue to maintain these. We launder all linens after each client. We clean and sanitize our tables, doorknobs, oil bottles, and more after every client.
OK, I’m in. How do I book an appointment?
- Request an appointment online through our website at therapylounge.ca. Or email us at email@example.com.
- Complete all your forms AT HOME as soon as possible before you come to the clinic. Please and thank you.
- Arrive no more than five minutes before your appointment start time.
What we ask of you…
- Wear your mask. From entry to exit, including treatments. No exceptions. Breathe easily and comfortably through the masks we are happy to supply. We offer 3 Ply Disposable Medical Face Mask ASTM Level 3. It sports three protective layers, a conforming nose strip, and elastic ear loops. This mask has a 98% bacterial filtration efficiency against very fine pathogens and will also protect from aerosols, sprays, and fluids. We don’t mess around with masks!
- Hand hygiene please. Before and after treatment.
- Be on time. If you are late, we may not be able to admit you into the clinic the moment you arrive due to capacity limits and social distancing.
- Arrive alone unless you are accompanying a minor or are a caregiver.
- Observe a social distance of 6 ft in common areas of the clinic.
- As a courtesy to clients coming after you, please be quick and efficient when getting dressed or undressed in the treatment room.
- Please remove your shoes. No outside shoes in reception or treatment rooms.
About the forms…
- We are paperless!
- Please complete ALL your forms online before coming to your appointment. We will not have the time or space to accommodate any exceptions at the clinic. You will NOT receive treatment if forms are incomplete.
- The COVID pre-screening form needs to be completed before every appointment and the health history form updates annually after your first visit.
- INTAKE FORMS: Fill them out if the Intake form link arrives in the appointment confirmation email. Click the Blue button.
- COVID SCREENING FORM: Fill it out before EVERY appointment. The link arrives in your reminder email 24 hours before your appointment. Click the Red button.
What else should I know?
- You may not be able to get the exact appointment time you request. We had to create fixed appointment times and reduce the number of bookings per day. We will do our best to accommodate you as close to your requested time as possible.
- Appointments are not booked in the system until you receive a confirmation email.
- You will receive your invoice by email unless you request a printed copy.
We all have a part to play in keeping our families and community healthy. Our COVID safety protocols kept us healthy before vaccines were available. We will continue to implement them to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID and other seasonal airborne diseases.
Like other healthcare practitioners we cannot restrict access to care based on vaccination status. While we encourage everyone who is eligible to get vaccinated, we cannot mandate vaccination passports at the clinic. Because we work in close contact with clients, COVID vaccine information is a part of our risk assessment. During your in-person screening we will be asking you if you have been vaccinated and adding this information to your health record. Thank you for your continued cooperation and for your trust in us.
At Therapy Lounge we take your health and safety seriously. As always, we’ve got your back (and your neck and your shoulders)!
Be safe and stay healthy,
Megan and Your Therapy Lounge Team